Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

We have rc8800r Carlon musical chime, and I can't get it to

Customer Question

We have rc8800r Carlon musical chime, and I can't get it to play music. I just get one tone. All the batteries were replaced today.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Any suggestions?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: Last summer we had several musical options, Neither piece has gotten wet, and I cleaned the battery terminals.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,If the door chime has not been used since last summer then it may have seized internally - sometimes a gentle shake is enough to loosen it up again.