Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

On November 7, 2015 we bought a Craftsman 16" bar chainsaw.

Customer Question

On November 7, 2015 we bought a Craftsman 16" bar chainsaw. It was a Christmas present for me. I didn't really need to use it until March of this year, 2016. It just won't start. I took it to the store I bought it at, Ranchmart Ace hardware in Overland Park, Kansas but they said that it was not their problem. I took it to the Craftsman service in Overland Park, Kansas and in Kansas City, Mo and they have said that no one works on Craftsman chain saws. I find that hard to believe, but no one will even let me bring it into a store. I can put either in the spark plug chamber and it will momentarily start...and then die. So it must be a gas problem. I use non-ethanol premium properly mixed. I have proof of purchase. Help. Doug *********, ***************
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
I wouldn't stand for that ..........tell them it's not like you use a chain saw once a week..........and it LOOKS RIGHT out of the box ...........no scratches so never used............put a call into Sears ........complain wherever you can until you get that exchanged...........let them know what one bad customer rating does ...........next time you might want to think about something like this at Home Depot .......they would have taken that back...........no questions asked....... it is their policy on most returns
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried that once...the Sears store in Overland Park, but I'll print out your response, take all of this stuff there and let you know what happened. ***** *****.
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
Please do .......... this saw is defective ..........tell them to back their products
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sears would have nothing to do with me. They say it's Craftsman's issue now.
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
one would figure they are one in the same
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need to return this to Craftsman for an exchange. Send me a mailing label and an address so i can send this to you in exchange for one that works. This solves the problem. Confirm that this is acceptable. After all, it's still in the warranty period.
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
we don't do any of that we are help consultants
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Then send me a contact at Craftsman i can deal with.
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
here are the contacts I just got off the internet http://www.craftsman.com/en_us/customer-care/phone-email.html
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wait, arent you with Craftman?
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
I told you no we are Just Answer help consultants
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's $5 down the crapper. We're done.
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
you do realize I have been trying to help you right ?