Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Good afternoon, I have a FAAC operator 400 CBAC and i have

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I have a FAAC operator 400 CBAC and i have a problem with it drifting closed once it reaches the open position. I have changed the seals and the valves except the Lock valve and the Shuttle piston. The gate still drifts closed.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Is the gate tilted? that is, does it drift closed (from the open position) even without the FAAC 400 valve? If so, the valve may not be 'stiff' in its action, enough to resist that tendency.(Unless, of course, this is a new problem with a formerly working system.) Have you refilled the oil in the valve? that might be helpful to the case.