Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

A screwdriver bit has gone inside my brand new Makita DF010D

Customer Question

A screwdriver bit has gone inside my brand new Makita DF010D battery screwdriver and I cannot get it out?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Are you sure that the bit got inside the screwdriver?If it did, how did it do so, and where? Disassembly may have been the wrong answer - if you broke seals, you voided the warranty on your 'driver - which may have included the removal of bits and a guarantee against bits getting inside it.As it is... why is having the bit inside it dangerous? or was it simply a bit you badly needed? If it slipped into a space, it may require a half hour of effort and some dexterity, but why not persuade it out the way it went in?