canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  i have extensive experience in the home improvement industry. my current job is at lowes home improvement.
64367226

Put new toilet I but water keeps seeping out from around bottom...we've

Customer Question

Put new toilet I but water keeps seeping out from around bottom...we've adjusted seal and nuts and screws, etc. help!
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jim does this model have a tank that is bolted in ?...........can you upload a picture?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did you receive?
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
Okay you'll want to make sure the tank seal is seated right...............then the two bolts have to be tightened evenly and the same way ...............you might want to get a ratchet with a deep throat socket..............put a level on the bowl to see if that is level........it will make it easier to put the level on the tank when you tighten evenly...............do not over tighten ........just get it so the rubber washers on the bolts smush a little bit
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Found out it's not the tank leaking... It's the drain. We've leveled it all out
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
was your wax ring put in properly ? and it is leaking from underneath the bowl ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Far as I can tell. I've done it twice. Can't get warring to seal properly and this is third time. Could have hairline crack
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for helping.
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
They have a wax ring with a rubber extension on it .............if you have to take it apart again you might want to try that one after you inspect that the porcelain is not damaged
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the suggestion but checked that already. Am starting over again and may need plumber.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks and disengaging. Good service offered online tho.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Does water only seep out when it is flushed or does it leak all the time? Is the flange on top of the floor or below the floor? Cast iron flange or PVC? Does the toilet start to leak right away or does it start to leak after it has been set for a while?
I will certainly be able to tell you what the issue is if you will respond to my inquiries. I surely want to save you the money for a plumber!