Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

One of my garage door remotes was stolen in a burglary yesterday.

Customer Question

One of my garage door remotes was stolen in a burglary yesterday. How can I reprogram the other one? The system is an Electrolift G5446. It only has one small red button on the actual opener unit and there is no indicator light.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
Hi Terri........how old is the unit ?............do you have a manual for it ?..........do you have a square learn button on your opener?........usually it is under the lens cover..............you would press and hold that for 6 seconds ...........if you have another remote or a key less entry they should not be working that is how you would tell..........if you need help programming let me knowThankseddie
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know how old the unit is...it was here when I moved in. I do not have a manual. The only button is a small, round red button on the back of the unit.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is no square learn button. I don't have a keyless entry and the burglar has the other remote...I'm hoping he doesn't come back to give it a try before I can change my remote.
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
you can put the garage door on manual and lock it up that way too