Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Our Chamberlain LiftMaster will only program one opener at

Customer Question

Our Chamberlain LiftMaster will only program one opener at a time. 1/2 hp serial #33513101011, model #1265-267, August 2001
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. For this type of opener, I think the car remotes have to be programmed to the actual (outside) receiver. There's a Learn button on it, once the cover is snapped open or removed. You go through the Learn - remote sequence on the outside receiver, not on the opener. As for only one remote being programmable to the opener itself: did you use the Learn button method or pairing a remote with it? or did you use some other method? The Learn button method would go like this, for the (inside) door opener:- locate the colored Learn button on the opener.- press it and release the Learn button on the opener.- within 30 seconds, press the button you want to use, on the remote, that will activate the opener.(- and I presume, for the second hand remote, you want to press a button within 30 seconds of when you pressed and released the Learn button. Hopefully that will pair the second hand remote too.)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. But we have tried everything you have recommended, which are the basic instructions for programming. This has not worked.
If your opener is from 2001, what color of Learn button is on it?And, what maker and model of car remotes do you have?
Also: Did you try the holding of a button on *both* of two remotes, within the 30 second limit? you may only get one try within that 30-second time, of programming all the remotes the opener is going to use (excepting the car remotes, of course, which interface with and 'Learn' the outside receiver.)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Good evening. I am working with my daughter to resolve this issue at her home. Neither of us have been home today to address it. I will be back there shortly to answer some of your questions. I can tell you the learn button is red. And, yes, we tried holding down both buttons on the remotes. The remotes are, I believe, Security+? At one time, we had 2 remotes and a car programmed. And "something" changed.
OK. Thanks. Let me know when you have more data.