Nathan, General Contractor
Experience:  Experienced contractor, new builds, renovations.

My garage door won't close all the way. When I hit the button

Customer Question

My garage door won't close all the way. When I hit the button for it to close, it goes down but then hits the ground then comes back up about 2 inches.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Sarah.This indicates a problem with the force adjustments or the limit switches.Look on the back of the opener for a few screws or knobs, they should be labeled with up/down limit, and you want to adjust the down limit, by turning it to a higher setting. It may take some experimentation to get it to the right level. If that does not do it, you want to reduce the down force adjustment next, again testing a small amount, repeating, until you get to the right level.If you aren't comfortable making these adjustments yourself, I can help you find a local tech/installer that could come out to help you. Best regards,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan