Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I live in Lindsay Ontario CanadaMy house was built in 2002

Customer Question

I live in Lindsay Ontario Canada
My house was built in 2002 with a wayne dalton overhead door
Today the door jammed half open. The bottom left hand wheel has come out of it's bracket
I removed the bracket to put the wheel back in
There is a cable attached to the bracket up to the spring assembly at the top of the door.
I need to have this door repaired,what can I do
Al bambra
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 7 months ago.
Hi would you be able to provide me with a few things ......a model number for the unit and if you could up load a few pictures...............is the cable broken now and does it go into whats called a drum?............what type of repairs are you comfortable in making?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
EDdieI Have sent 2 emails to you and the postmaster has refused bothHere are the pictures The cable is wound on a drum not broken
Expert:  Eddie replied 7 months ago.
Hi Al .....the only way for us to communicate via e-mail is through this ........we can use the phone but JA would require an additional charge...........I still need the model and or number and the question of you making repairs ............why wasn't the bracket bolted back in?...........is it bent or stripped?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
EddieThere is nothing bent or stripped. I think I is just a cheap door.
I may have a solution by jacking the door.
I have had a pretty rough day, so I will leave the solving of this for tomorrow.
Do not put any effort into this until I reach you again.Thanks *****
Expert:  Eddie replied 7 months ago.
okay I'm here if you need me eddie
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
EddieThe door is fixed, I was able to clamp the good side of the door and force the door up and remount the wheel bracket.
I am assuming that as you were not able to assist me in a timely manner that I have no financial obligation to you.
Please confirm this.Al Bambra
Expert:  Eddie replied 7 months ago.
well since you asked me..........I want to make sure I have this right............you came to a pay site seeking assistance or any other resources we can provide.......not at any time did a response from me go over 15 minutes as I did a quick trouble shoot with you to try and nail it down....... before you needing to take a respite because of a bad day I asked you why the bracket wasn't bolted back in........next thing you did was attend to that and YOU fixed the door..........if you had to call in a serviceman it could have cost you upward of 150.00..........our site in helping people is a mere fraction of that .........I am not trying to get that from you but you might want to re-think the financial obligation scenario .............especially if you ever need us againThankseddie