Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired contractor, 51 years experience
23932409

Mice keep nibbling at the wiring inside the housing of the

Customer Question

Mice keep nibbling at the wiring inside the housing of the pool heater and about every four to five years I need to replace my heater. Any suggestions
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.
Hello, buy a foot of 14-2 ROMEX cable at the hardware store, place it in the affected area, then paint the wiring the mice have been chewing on with tobasco sauce... just the insulated parts of the wire, use a water color paint brush, do not get the tobasco sauce on the copper wire itself or the electronics. you could also use the the tobasco more liberally around the ground or floor in the area. If you think that is a good idea, please rate my work, its how I earn a living and does not increase your charges. Use the 'rate your expert' button for that. Thanks!