Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

Have a Rainbird system with a ESP-M controller and 7 zones.

Customer Question

have a Rainbird system with a ESP-M controller and 7 zones. Tested all zones wth tester and they are all getting around 24V to each terminal and are energoizing as they are tuned on but no water is coming out of any of the sprinkler heads. I have a 1 1/2 HP new pump
that is working great so I feel like the solinoid on MV is not opening. It is getting signal from controller as per the test. I feel I need to find main control valve and determine is solinoid is bad but the jack legg that installed the system did not put but two of the seven valves in a in ground vault. How is best way to find main valve to inspect?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.The safest way to find the valve without damaging anything is to use a valve locator. You can try renting one at a sprinkler supply house. Some tool rental outlets also rent similar devices.
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
The equipment consists of a transmitter that sends a signal over the lead to the valve and a receiver wand to pick up that signal. You could also locate the other missing valves while you have it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In other word continue doing what I am already doing -- your answer doesn't help me
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
How does this not help?! Unless you want a free solution all of which risk damaging buried wiring and valves
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
To address your response "There is no free lunch as I know very welI" so I --- will handle it
Thanks anyway ?
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Ok, thanks for trying Just Answer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes sir you take care
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Good luck