Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

My sentry safe won't open. Correct code, green light but won'

Customer Question

My sentry safe won't open. Correct code, green light but won't open
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The latch may be stuck, but it depends upon what type of safe it is. Some safes might need safe latch lubricant (a sort of powdery lubricant, not grease-type at all which would foul things up) blown into the latch area.Try rattling the latch once you get the green light. And lifting up on the door, which might release pressure on the latch, allowing it to slip to the Open position. Also: if your Sentry safe is one of the models with a keylock on it also, then that's the emergency key lock, and you can try using that emergency key to open it. (What model # ***** ***** Sentry Safe?)