Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

We have a kitchen addition that sits on steel poles about 15

Customer Question

We have a kitchen addition that sits on steel poles about 15 feet above ground. It started separating and we had it reinforced in 2011. We want to do a remodel on the inside but were afraid because we thought it was moving again. We had a structural engineer come out and check it out and he found that some of the bolts were loosening and made a few other suggestions. The company we had originally is out of business and we don't know what kind of company to call to fix the problem. Do we hire a contractor or who??
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.A full service remodeling contractor would be your best bet. One that would do both the kitchen and the structural work. Then you have 1 point of contact and 1 source that's responsible for all the work. Many full service contractors have in house kitchen design staff, some don't. If you go with the latter you could consult a kitchen showroom for the design and cabinets, etc. then have the contractor do the installation.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We only want the structure fixed.
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.
A full service remodeling contractor is still your best bet. A carpenter/builder is another option