Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft

Trying to get another remote to open this garage

Customer Question

Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. My goal today will be to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer to earn an excellent service rating from you.If I may ask: 1-) The make and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it? 2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner 3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do they have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering? 4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes 5-) any flashing lights on the opener and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button 6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage 7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary? We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondenceIf by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.And thank you for your help and assistanceeddie
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Craftmans1/2 HP opener made 1997
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
do you have a remote and it isn't working now or you just need another to work with the unit you have ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What does the 1,2 & 3 stand for.Right now it's wired to 2
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
are you looking at the opener by its controls?................the 1 2 and 3 are the hard wires for the sensors I believe...............and it should be wired 1 and 2 then 2 and 3
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All the wires are connected to 2
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
4 wires?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Looks like 3 and 1 connected to 3(black)
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
if you trace those wares and they are indeed going to the sensors then they need to be hooked up like I said before if there are a wire from each with an indicator ........say maybe a white stripe then both of those go into 2.........the other black solid go into 1 and 3
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
I hope I have been of some help and you would consider a good rating Thankseddie