Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Garage door opener It wont close with out holding down the

Customer Question

garage door opener
It wont close with out holding down the switch until it is closed. If you just hit the switch it goes back up
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. When such a thing happens, the opener may need adjustment. Look on the opener motor. See if there is a dial there for 'Force' or 'Strength'. Set it one or two points upward. See if that overcomes the difficulty. (If so, it would be owing to there being a slight difficulty in the course of the track of the door's lowering, requiring a little more force to overcome it. Setting the opener motor force a little higher prevents the motor from reversing at this difficulty, as if it were a solid object, a car or a person etc., obstructing the closing. If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It didn't work. Repair man is on the way from Sears. Pls credit my card
Very good. I hope Sears repair does a good job on the case, and doesn't take too long. I have no power over credit cards, billing, charges, or payments.For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-usThey will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.