Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I would like to expand this living room

Customer Question

I would like to expand this living room by bringing down this small wall and dividing the area where the television is into two. What types of division can I stall, so it doesn't cost me a lot of money and also that I can use the area open or I can close it. One idea that I had was to do those divisions with a track right on the ceiling.

Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Martin replied 8 months ago.
Hi. It is not clear for me what the final area(s) would be like. The small wall in question is that the one that currently hold the TV, is it only that surface or also the other side of it where we see an interuptor on the wall?Then let say we end up with a big rectangle area, using the object pictured, from where to where would that separation start and end?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hi Martin!
Here is another picture where I can show you better which one.

The red line is the small wall and the blue line is the place where I want to do the division I meant.

Expert:  Martin replied 8 months ago.
That little wall seem to be possible to be removed without much problem. hopefully it was build over the floor so you don't have to fill the gap in the wood. There also seem to be two outlet to relocate.As for the separator, what are your criteria, simply blocking light from the TV or also significantly reduce the sound?