Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

My garage door downward presser is to much and the door keeps

Customer Question

My garage door downward presser is to much and the door keeps going back up and I don't have the code to adjust it can you help me? It's a craftsman belt drive
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not on there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. My goal today will be to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer to earn an excellent service rating from you.If I may ask: 1-) The make CRAFTSMAN and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it? 2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner 3-) there are safety sensors on your door do they have either an amber, yellow or green light that is on right now? 4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes 5-) any flashing lights that you now notice 6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage 7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary? We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondenceIf by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.And thank you for your help and assistanceeddie
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's an 2006 has 2 remotes and a working wall control. No flashing lights. No disruptions that may have changed the dynamics. I feel I am capable of making adjustments if necessary.
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
Hi Brad number 3 is most important if you could answer that accurately Thankseddie
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes, looking out from the inside the right one is amber and the left one is green.
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
and there is no flickering .............okay we are going to do a hard reset to start off with .............HARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including key less..........plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok it's done
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
and? has anything changed?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
I need you to tell me what is exactly going wrong with it because you were kind of sketchy ............ My garage door downward presser is to much and the door keeps going back up and I don't have the code to adjust downward presser? you mean the remote transmitter? too much? the door reverses after it gets to a certain point? you don't know how to program the remote?............I really need a model or number because they make so many different kinds and all different ways of operating
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
On the garage door when it hits the bottom there is too much downward pressure and it sends the door back up. I need to know how to adjust the downward pressure so it doesn't keep sending the door back up. There is a code for it but I don't have a manual that has the code. I have two buttons, purple and black, on the motor that raises and closes the door a but I don't know how to adjust them.
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
got ya ............I would like for you to open the door and make sure the trolley or door arm is engaged to the belt drive track
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
there are adjustment controls on the opener that turn with a screwdriver ...........can you locate them
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You're last response never cam through
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
there are adjustment controls on the opener that turn with a screwdriver ...........can you locate them.............or do the purple and black buttons you spoke of look like arrows?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you I've got it
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
all fixed?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes thanks
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.
excellent ...........I hope I was of some help and you will consider a good rating