SlTl, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed Contractor and Kitchen and Bath Designer

I painted my bifold closet doors on Monday... started to do

Customer Question

I painted my bifold closet doors on Monday... started to do a second coat today. Something told me to try and open the doors. Painted shut... tried using a knife to cut through the middle seam.... so not working for me. What do you suggest i do?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  SlTl replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.Not what you want to have happen when paining bi-fold doors, but it's not the first time it's ever happened!Can you stick a metal putty knife between the doors anywhere? Try inserting all along the seam until you find a weak place that's not as stuck as other areas. When you find that area, gently rock the knife back and forth, from right to left, to try and pry it open or at least loosen that area. Then move your knife up from there a little and do it again, then again, and again, until you get it unstuck.You will have quite a bit of sanding to do to get it back to a smooth surface.Try it and let me know what happened.SusanIf you feel I have addressed your concerns, please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; this is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating, will not end our conversation, should you have additional questions surrounding this topic. Simply click on “Reply” to write back and I am happy to continue with no additional charges.
Expert:  SlTl replied 6 months ago.
Curious to hear if you had any luck trying this method of getting your bi-fold doors unstuck?Did you find this information helpful? Please don't forget to rate me. Thank you,Susan