Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft

I have an error on my opener that says Error Code 22. I can

Customer Question

I have an error on my opener that says Error Code 22. I can only open the door manually. Remote doesn't work, outside keypad doesn't work and the insode pad doesn't work.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. My goal today will be to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer to earn an excellent service rating from you.If I may ask: 1-) The make and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it? 2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner 3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do they have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering? 4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes NO TRANSMITTERS ARE WORKING 5-) any flashing lights on the opener and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button 6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage 7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary? We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondenceIf by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.And thank you for your help and assistanceeddie
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is a Liftmaster garage door opener - I can't find the manual
Unit is 3 years old - I don't see any lights on but the door worked by remote when I left Saturday and did not work this morning to open the door
The wall control, outside pad and remote do not work
No flashing lights
Does not appear to have been any power outages
ys, I can do simple mechanical corrections.So far, I changed the battery in the outside pad and I unplugged the unit on the door and plugged it back inThe error message says hardware failure - code 22
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
okay it sounds as if maybe you are not getting power to your outlet you know what breaker the opener is on?.........if you do I would like for you to switch it ALL the way OFF and then switch it ALL the way back to may have tripped and not look like it did but we can start with this
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, that is not the problem. The overhead light on the unit is on, the display on the pads are lit an I checked all of the breakers and none are tripped or partially tripped
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
okay then next is a hard reset and then erase the transmitters and re programHARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including key less..........plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be freshERASE: hold down the learn button for 6 or 7 seconds do you know how to program the transmitters?Let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know how to reprogram the transmitters and I can not open the wall unit. I will call the people that installed the unit
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
no just wait ..............I dont think there is battery in the wall control
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
you might have a battery back up in the opener though are you willing to try or no ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank, you but I will call the people that installed the unit. I have already changed all of the batteries that are accessible.
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
okay but if you change your mind .......I can help you with all of it including re-programming