Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have some leaking in my chimney. 2 companies say I need

Customer Question

I have some leaking in my chimney. 2 companies say I need to replace the chimney.
1 company says I only need to replace 3 bricks along. We are looking at $2100.00 vs $6400.00. The replace company says if I don't replace, I will be constantly fixing the chimney in the future. The chimney is 33 years old.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.Of course the pricier company is going to denigrate the less expensive option. I'm not buying it. You should be able to repair the chimney.
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.
$2100 is a lot of more to just replace 3 bricks so I would expect the repairs would be a lot more extensive than that.