Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

There are 3 raised areas of roof covering on the back of my

Customer Question

There are 3 raised areas of roof covering on the back of my 2 year old house in central texas. It appears as though the sheathing is exposed and no other houses in the neighborhood have this feature. I would like to send a picture.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 7 months ago.

please do so I can have a better grasp of things .......thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There are 3 areas where the shingles are built up, like mini ramps. The sheathing is exposed on all 3. All are on the back facing part of the roof, kind of evenly spaced. Definitely appear to be deliberate but I can't find any other houses with similar features. The house is 2 years old. I tried to attach the file but your system tells me it's too large. I think you probably need to see the photo to clarify what I am looking at.
Expert:  Eddie replied 7 months ago.

yes I do since I am not on site and can't get a first hand look

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm not paying the additional amount. I'll just wait till next week when I can talk with a local roofer.
Expert:  Eddie replied 7 months ago.

you don't have to pay an additional amount ............use the paperclip icon button right above where you are typing to upload pix

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, trying to do 3 things at once but I don't see a paper clip button anywhere. I have spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to compress the file but this new computer doesn't seem to play well with me on this. I can try to email it to you directly if you want.
Expert:  Eddie replied 7 months ago.

there should be 7 buttons directly above a B I U ..........3 others .....then the paperclip...........if you can't find them don't worry about it