Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

I have a Sentry A3810 Safe and the Electronics doesn't work

Customer Question

Hello I have a Sentry A3810 Safe and the Electronics doesn't work anymore. We replaced the batteries but still no lights prompting it is on. We have the key to the safe but don't know how to proceed.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Steve G. replied 7 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help.

Have you tried changing the batteries more than just once? Are you confident that the electronics are non functional on this safe?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We had replaced the batteries for newer ones and after I ask the question and send it....maybe more than an hour the electronics came back.....we put in the code. It lights PROCEED but when we turn the handle it didn't open.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 7 months ago.

Hi again. Do you have the manual that came with the safe?