Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

I am remodeling my bathroom i am installing a new 48 inch

Customer Question

i am remodeling my bathroom i am installing a new 48 inch shower base i want to build a 1/2 wall about 40 inches hi by 32 inches long my question is on the 48 inch shower base i will have 16 inches exposed what can i do with this !!!! box it in step it down !!!!!! i am going to enclose the shower later on with glass
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

So you want to build a wall that's 32" long alongside the 48" dimension of the base? If so why not make it 49" long (it has to extend beyond the base)?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i feel that the 49 inches will make it look tight !!!! if i can step it down the remaining 16 inches box it out do the tiles on the bottom then do glass to close it in just trying to get some ideas i am a pretty handi guy but need some carpentry advise here and there thank you
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

I'm just trying to understand your situation. Given what you want to do the only option would be to step it down. If you're going to tile then the step down would have to be the height of the curb + the width of at least 1 course of tile at a minimum.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
step it down to 16 inches hi to the end then come up with the glass i also am thinking about the kolher shower wall to install them vs tile !!!!
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

I don't get the exclamation points? You can use solid surface panels like Swanstone with your config (or tile). You can't use fiberglass walls.

Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

Do you have any more questions?