Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired contractor, 51 years experience

Do Honeywell make a three foot flexible rod.The space that

Customer Question

Do Honeywell make a three foot flexible rod.The space that being covered is six feet.I have two limit switches one on each side.I build my own because I could not find any that were three feet long.They have to stand up to rough treatment cattle walk though in get sprayed for flies.The trouble I have with the ones I made is they break or the spring starts losing it strength in starts bending down.I have a bussiness that sales automatic cow sprayers.I invented the sprayer the only trouble I have is the rods on the six foot model .
Thanks for your time it will be greatly appreciated !
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.

Hello, can you send me a sketch ... draw it on paper, then take a photo of it, then post the photo here using the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar, or the 'attach files' link to the left of your 'send' button.

Honeywell does not make such a flexible rod, but a fishing pole blank might work well.

We can go from there.

Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.

Let me know what you think of this, they come sections.

click here

those are about 1/4" in diameter and flexible, might be good for your application.. they screw together to get add length.

These are all solid rods, hollow tapered fishing rod stock might work better.

We can go from here without any time limits as needed.