Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a house in sacramento ca with a stucco exterior. How

Customer Question

i have a house in sacramento ca with a stucco exterior. How often does in need to be painted and which is the best paint to use on it and should it be sprayed or rollered or both? does that count as one question...lol :)
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 8 months ago.

Hi ...........it depends on what you have exactly ...............do you know if it is an acrylic stucco better know as Dryvit?......because that is really maintenance free............if it is and you were looking to change the color then I recommend ***** *****'s Ben exterior paint which has excellent elasomeric properties.......meaning it expands and contracts well with any changes in temperature like your stucco does..........as far as rolling or spraying......it really depends on if the stucco is flat a roller works and it it is pointy then a sprayer.......if it is a huge house and how long it would take to mask everything off......and with a sprayer there are tricks that come with experience .........if you can upload some photos it would help immensely

Thank you

eddie