Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional

I have been cleaning my floors with Bona cleaner and I keep

Customer Question

I have been cleaning my floors with Bona wood cleaner and I keep getting a CLOUDY film on them !!!!,. Can you Please help me?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Sorry to hear this as researching about the use of Bona and many customers have complained of the cloudy/hazy film it leaves on floors.

From those that have used the product, following the instructions just as posted on the bottle will not cause the film to show up again on your floors. I am sure though you have followed the instructions on the bottle so possibly trying another product might get your floors in better shape.

From hardwood companies, it has been stated that using Bona is fine but use less of it next time you try cleaning the floors. Excess product can and will cause cloudy/haze on the floors. Little seems to be better than excess of the Bona product.

Something to consider between using the Bona is a mixture of vinegar and water. Try this in a small spot on the floor to see if the shine comes back. Then after awhile go back to the Bona and see if the shine continues. Again less Bona the better.