Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I replaced a out light bulb in a Craftsman garage door

Customer Question

I replaced a burnt out light bulb in a Craftsman garage door opener that we have had for 18 years with the same type lightbulb. Now the remotes and keyless entry will not work when light is on. Everything works fine when light is off. I have lengthened the antenna, tried rough service bulbs, 40watt, 60watt, 75watt and "garage door" bulbs. I have reprogrammed all remotes and keyless entry all to no avail.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 8 months ago.

that's odd but you may have had something go wrong with the circuit or logic board now.......if you could somehow open to it and look all around on it and see if there are any burnt or seared areas or can smell something being burnt this might validate it

Thanks

eddie