Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I replaced the gear and sprocket, it turns on second lifting

Customer Question

I replaced the gear and sprocket, it turns on for a second lifting door a foot and closes door. Aldi have a green light flashing in back ?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. My goal today will be to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer to earn an excellent service rating from you.

If I may ask:

1-) The make and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are safety sensors on your door do they have either an amber, yellow or green light that is on right now?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes

5-) any flashing lights on the opener and how many times it blinks before pausing

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Lift master prof.line Model 1260. 1995. Replaced the gear and sprocket and now it is only going up a foot and back down.
I have no manual, not the original owner.
I did unplug the unit to repair.
Green light flashes 5 times.
I can make repairs!
Do have a working wall unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 remotes
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

I need number 3 answered

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has safety sensors on door but they are clear.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

clear meaning what?...............I need to know if the lights are on on both sensors

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lights are on.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

okay so we probably need to adjust the up and down limits ............there are adjustment dials for them on your opener under the lens .....can you find them for me ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that, makes no difference
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

okay next then is to check the rails that the wheels ride up on ................I would like for you to close the door and check each wheel by pulling it in and out that it moves freely at least a quarter of an inch.....................................I have to be away from my computer now for about an hour .................but I will check back as soon as I can

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked that too, not a problem. ...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It may be the rpm sensor....will check that out. It's ok...hard to help this way.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

that could be the next thing or a faulty control (logic) board ........which can be expensive to replace..........and considering you have a really old model it might make more sense to replace the whole thing for almost the same cost

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

you sound like you have a good grasp on all of this ..........so I am sure you'll make the intuitive and right decision forthcoming