Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

I am removing a wall between my kitchen and dining room. I

Customer Question

I am removing a wall between my kitchen and dining room. I am pretty sure it is not load bearing, but I wanted to ask anyway.
1) There is currently a doorway between the kitchen and dining room, there is no header above the doorway, just a single 2x4 in the center.
2) I went up in the attic, found the 2x4 that the wall studs are nailed to. There is nothing sitting on top of this 2x4, as far as beams or 2x6, it is just the single 2x4 that seems to have been used to nail the wall studs to.
3) In the attic, the whole house is trussed. from one end to the other. There are no trusses associated with this 2x4.
Is this a load bearing wall?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Based on your description, no it's not a load bearing wall.