Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have an impact driver, ...EY7201, 12V. could not find

Customer Question

I have an impact driver, ...EY7201, 12V. could not find replacement battery pack.
Decided to buy new battery cells a rebuild pack myself. Once all reassembled, universal charger (EY0110) says battery defective as indicated by blinking YELLOW light.
My solder connections are sure and configured as originals were.
I can only guess that it has to do with the two wired sensors that are taped to the sides of the cell pack. I don't know what they do, ...measure temp or present voltage or ??
Can I bypass them?
Please advise.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suspect that your universal charger is defective, and falsely sensing a battery defect.

Also - have you tried the reassembled cells for 6 hours? cells that have been sitting on the shelf for awhile, become polarized, and might be sensed as defective for a while, before being thoroughly and lengthily charged overcomes the polarization.

The two wired sensors should not be a problem, if they are as they used to be, connected properly, and the replaced cells are a genuine match from an engineering and usability standpoint.