Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I have a Lift Master system that was installed in 1998. I

Customer Question

I have a Lift Master system that was installed in 1998. I bought universal remotes but the motor doesn't have a smart button under the light cover. In fact there is nothing except the light bulb behind the cover. Where are the dip switches located? Do not have manual for this model 1265LM.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: old remotes are not working. They are the orginal remotes, we have changed batteries, cleaned connections, and they still dont work. The control that is mounted on the wall works fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Home Improvement Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

On the back of your unit is the learn button and controls not the front cover by the bulb............let me know if you get to them then

Thanks

eddie