Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I have a sliding drawer with a mechanism that came off. It

Customer Question

I have a sliding drawer with a mechanism that came off. It seems to be a pretty simple mechanism, but I really don't see how it should be reinstalled, so that it doesn't come off again. It is an old set of built in cabinets from 1960, made out of plywood, which really does not take screws into the edges very well. So, the mechanism is a "retrofit" from perhaps the 1980s. I am committed to repair this properly, but I do not have a diagram of how this stainless steel mechanism should be properly installed originally.
It is 20.5 inch stainless steel, under the drawer, sliding mechanism. One part obviously attaches to the cabinet on bot ends and the sliding section must attach to the drawer from underneath.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

anyway you can upload some photos so I can have a better idea?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you receive the picture?

Gary

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

no I didn't get anything

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Eddie

Sending a picture seems to be a problem. I tried 4 different ways. I know that I have done this before to my Mercedes mechanic on JustAnswer, so it must be possible. I am just having a problem with the size of the file. I will try again, again, etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gary .................I thought by talking over the phone this would be best served because there are too many things to discuss I have to ask a lot of questions and tell you what to do to align and fix those stripped wood holes

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Eddie

After taking a closer look, the old cabinet structure needs to be rebuilt. So, off I go, more gluing parts and pieces to a 55 year old set of built in plywood cabinets. But, when I am finished, I will be very happy that I put in the extra hours.

Best wishes,
Gary

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

well good luck to you Gary............I'm sure it will turn out fine..........if you do need help let me know

Thanks

eddie