Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

The forth, If a month has already gone by already, should we

Customer Question

the forth, If a month has already gone by already, should we expect any further slippage of our foundation in the coming survey measurements for the 30-day period? (Both properties are on a liquefaction zone on the City Map. I also know from experience that the previous foundation did slip on both properties.)
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

you'll want to get that pour done and you will be able to stem the tide

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That’s what our engineer said, except for that expression, “…and you will be able to stem the tide.”
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

yeah I got a million of em .............best of luck to you.........because this is a major undertaking and it looks like you are doing fine with it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I mean is shouldn’t the surveyor tag a spot on the light well (where the slippage is known to have occurred? Right now, all he tagged was a front corner of our building. Not much slippage there at all. Seems he should have also tagged the center of the house where the light well is located, which is also where both foundations have been known to have slipped in previous decades. Also there’s no surveyor tag not he rear of the building.Is this enough for the surveyor to tag, just the corner of our building where no slippage has ever occurred, or should he have also tagged the middle and rear of the building as well? And if he should have, should we now hire a new surveyor to make these tags (to the center light well area and rear of our building)?
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

only you surveyor can answer this as to what he did or didn't do