Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

The third, where do the survey devices any further slippage

Customer Question

The third, where do the survey devices for monitoring any further slippage of our foundation from the construction—where do they need to be placed? Also we’ve heard that we should make measures of every angle on our floors near the wall that is adjacent to the property being constructed. What measures, and shouldn’t the survey person have done this?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

again I wouldn't be qualified to answer this one

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I asked this question again elsewhere. Sorry! But how do the bottleneck jacks get inserted under the sill, especially since it is in a sense glued (cemented) to the top of the foundation) in order to lift the sill to put the wedges in-between?
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nat...............they aren't..............if you go back and read the original they are used on the long temporary partition wall with 4 x 4 or 6 x 6 posts to jack up the whole house which would be parallel and two feet away