Nathan, General Contractor
Experience:  Experienced contractor, new builds, renovations.
59725966

We have aquired an old Sentry AP-96404 safe from a warehouse

Customer Question

We have aquired an old Sentry AP-96404 safe from a warehouse that was sold, but nobody knows the combo, and it is not on any paperwork left in the safe----we do not have the original owner's manual----just some paperwork to file a claim, and registration card---is there something we can do to find out how to lock it ?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. They'll mail you back the original keys if applicable and/or the override code.

You can get the form here: https://www.sentrysafe.com/Content/pdfs/NotaryForm.pdf

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

Best regards,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.