Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

The red light that is on my genie pro stealth drive garage

Customer Question

The red light that is on my genie pro stealth drive garage opener , no longer recognizes the 3 remote controls that we have. When I try to reprogram the remotes I do not get a blinking red light which would indicate that it recognizes my remotes.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not on there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. If I may ask:1-) The make GENIE and model PRO MAX? STEALTH and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner3-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes with single or multi buttons4-) do you know where the OPENER MOTOR unit controls are?5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage6-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?we can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondenceThank you for your help and assistanceeddie