SlTl
SlTl, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed Contractor and Kitchen and Bath Designer
68915091

What type of emergency egress requirement is called

Customer Question

What type of emergency egress requirement is called for on NanaWalls (all glass) when they separate the interior of the club house with the pool in a multi-family community? Regular doors have the metal bar but the NanaWalls are all glass.
Thank you.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  SlTl replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question today.

Since I am unable to see your blue prints, I am sending along this information

This is the building code for the state of New Jersey for egress requirements: http://www2.iccsafe.org/states/newjersey/nj_building/pdfs/nj_bldg_chapter10.pdfT

The states should all have similar codes, but you might want to do a google search for "egress requirements for NanaWalls" in your state. The requirements are usually 36-inch wide in all states. And each room needs one way to get out in case of fire....however, this could be the front door, if the room you are speaking of is openly connected to the front door, or a side door.

NanaWalls says, "A NanaWall system can be prepped (ordered) for Egress, however, NanaWall does not provide the necessary equipment to meet Egress." http://www.nanawall.com/about/faq

If you feel I addressed your concerns, please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; this is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

By providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue. There is no additional charge for follow-ups.

Expert:  SlTl replied 10 months ago.

Hi there! Do you feel I answered your question yesterday? Or are you still unsure and need additional assistance? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  SlTl replied 10 months ago.

You wrote into Just Answer with a question, with the intent of getting advice from an expert. You received advice from a skilled expert who took the time to reply, and who gave you good, experienced advice. I expect a reply or a question in return. Are you still there or have you abandoned your question? Should I abandon it as well to make room for others' questions?

Thank you, Susan