Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My name is ***** *****. My new remote Craftsman garage door

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is ***** *****. My new remote for my Craftsman garage door opener does not work. My old remote for visor # ***** Also light on right side of door near floor is yellow, not green and I do not know how to reset it. I purchased a Craftsman #30498 that says it is compatible but i am not sure that it is. Also lights on opener do not flash when trying to program.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No, that is everything.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Home Improvement Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What to do depends upon what opener you have. Or more strictly, on what type of 'receiver' - on one side of the opener - your opener has. Whether it is a modern one with a push-button on it, or an ancient one with a bank of little switches on it, dictates whether to push that button to configure the wireless link between opener and remote, or to configure switches to match a similar switch bank in your remote (which is getting obsolete as a way to configure remotes to openers, so it is not likely that your remote has a switch-bank, even before I look up the specifics about it.)

The button to configure remotes to the opener, on the receiver, is usually square (generally speaking) and often either yellow-colored, or red-colored. Please look for it, and let me know what you find. Thanks.

(As for the light on the door sensor or floor sensor... that may need realigning of the sensor, which if bumped into and bent, will be out of alignment.)