Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

Trying to match an existing enamel trim color. The new paint

Customer Question

Trying to match an existing enamel trim color. The new paint is glossy. Is there a way to knock down the gloss without repainting?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You can try a de-glosser product like the one linked below. These products are typically used to prep a painted surface for repainitng but it could work in your situation. I'd try it in an inconspicuous spot first to see if it gives you the results you want. It won't de-grade the paint only the glossy finish

http://www.lowes.com/pd_622065-78-QJSD210___?productId=50298105&pl=1&Ntt=de+glosser

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

There is an additional charge for a phone call. I'm not sure what I can add over the phone. We can continue here if you like or let me know if you need to talk to me