How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Machinc Your Own Question
Machinc, General Contractor
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 873
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Machinc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Griff- trying to remove a Russwin G10 door knob with no

Customer Question

Customer: Griff- trying to remove a Russwin G10 door knob with no visible detent. There is a screw-on circular part that must be released by using an ***** ***** wrench before being able to release the plate covering the rose. I can't determine how to remove the door knob to unscrew the circular part.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Name is***** door knob has no visible way to release it. I can get the rest of the passage door mechanism removed IF I can determine how to get the knob off.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Improvement Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

These knobs usually have a slight recessed area in the shaft near the door plate. Check both sides of the door because Both knobs will not necessarily have this.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

use a very small screwdriver to push in on this area. Wiggle or turn the knob while you do this and gently pull out at the same time. If only one knob has the push area the other will come out by pulling on it after the one with the recess is removed( bringing the shaft with it)

Related Home Improvement Questions