Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
75209918

Griff- trying to remove a Russwin G10 door knob with no

Customer Question

Customer: Griff- trying to remove a Russwin G10 door knob with no visible detent. There is a screw-on circular part that must be released by using an ***** ***** wrench before being able to release the plate covering the rose. I can't determine how to remove the door knob to unscrew the circular part.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Name is***** door knob has no visible way to release it. I can get the rest of the passage door mechanism removed IF I can determine how to get the knob off.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Improvement Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Machinc replied 10 months ago.

These knobs usually have a slight recessed area in the shaft near the door plate. Check both sides of the door because Both knobs will not necessarily have this.

Expert:  Machinc replied 10 months ago.

use a very small screwdriver to push in on this area. Wiggle or turn the knob while you do this and gently pull out at the same time. If only one knob has the push area the other will come out by pulling on it after the one with the recess is removed( bringing the shaft with it)