Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a chamberlain Garage door opener. How do I program

Customer Question

Customer: I have a chamberlain Garage door opener. How do I program it. It is wireless.Modle # ***** KLIK2U
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The instruction do not help much.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Home Improvement Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The answer to your question depends upon what sort of opener, exactly, you have... as identified by the LEARN button on the opener, and its color... and/or by whether it has a bank of switches on it (as in older models) or just a LEARN button... and whether the switches are 3-position, or 2-position, switches.

You choose a PIN for your opener and your KLIK2U. Then you go through a procedure, as appropriate for your opener type (and the LEARN button on it and/or the switch bank on it if any of either, or if both), as shown in this manual:

http://www.liftmaster.com/CatalogResourcesV3/en-us/shared/files/tucmanuals/114A3484.pdf

If you want guidance through doing that procedure, let me know. Thanks.