Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Have a liftmaster security + opener, outside wall mount will

Customer Question

have a liftmaster security + opener, outside wall mount will allow me to close door, cannot open door. Have changed battery, reprogrammed code. When I enter code and hit enter, first row of numbers (1,4,7) lights go out, everything else stays lit. Also remote openers won't work
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Does your opener make a beeping sound at any time?

Does the wall-mounted control panel say 'LOCK ACTIVATED' or does it have a light flashing on it? if so, you may need to deactivate the lock. (That is done, depending on the model of wall control, either by pressing the MENU button, or by pressing and holding the LOCK button on the wall-mounted control for 2+ seconds.)

Can you crank the door up and open, manually, from inside? if not, the door may be either locked, or jammed. Deactivate the LOCK ACTIVATED feature first before trying this, of course. If the door goes up, when you crank it open manually, but makes abnormal noises, or strained noises (creaking, groaning, snaps - I hope not, and if so, cease opening it) then it may need mechanical repair somewhere along its rollers or courses, etc.