Martin, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Design, construct, fix and grow stuff around and in the home.
14666028

Our sewer pipe clogged up. assuming it was roots, my husband

Customer Question

Customer: our sewer pipe clogged up. assuming it was roots, my husband rented a rooter. he hit something hard at 20' and decided to call a professional. he left the rooter in the hole, and now it won't come out. he is assuming it froze down below.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: how many more details do you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Improvement Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: for $18 to save a $700 machine and to hopefully save another $800 on a plumber? sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Hi. If it is frozen you could use an hair blower to push hot air in the pipe or if it have enough slope, poor hot water in it. It may also have tangled in roots or some movement may have made the pipe colapse. A rooter is not solution for roots because even if you get to remove some, they will grow even stronger. Also it does not solve the holes in the pipe (if this was the problem).