Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Can not open my sentry safe i have the key and the

Customer Question

Customer: can not open my sentry safe i have the key and the combination num
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sometimes i can open the safe, but sometimes i just can not.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I notice there is one exclamation mark showing up, but not error message
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

The problem could be with the battery. And if that's the case, it may have lost your personal combination. Still, the master combination will work. If you have the original manual, you can find the master combination there. If not, you can still get it from Sentry. If that's the case, let me know.

To check the battery on most models, you will just have to slide the front plate off the keypad. Inside will be the battery holder. Exactly which way its slides and whether there is a screw holding it will depend on the exact model number. If you can provide that, I can be more specific.