Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

We are in the precess of buying a foreclosure HUD house they

Customer Question

we are in the precess of buying a foreclosure HUD house they have removed the main breaker switch. They won't let us do anything to the property. We are wanting an inspection and they tell us to use a generator. What are the hidding and why would this be?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

They may not be hiding anything and if the house has no active power from the grid a main breaker won't help. You can check out virtually all of the systems in the house by using a generator and feeding the power into the main panel. It may cost a bit more for the inspection but it's worth the expense.