Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a model #5074, I know the combination, but the safe

Customer Question

Customer: I have a model #5074, for which I know the combination, but the safe will not open. When I enter the combination a yellow light & green light blink. There is no key for this safe. I think the battery may be dead. How can I get this safe to open?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have had this model 5074 from Brinks Home Security for several years. The combination is 159-A; there is no key, and I have no manual. How can we get this safe open?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Improvement Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

If it is a dead battery, the batteries are usually on the outside, behind the box around the panel. On most models, the front of this slides off to the left or right, and then the holder for 2-4 AA batteries will be shown. Replace those and check the wire connections on that small piece and you can sure you have power. If you get power, but you cannot access the safe, you may need to recover the master combination. You can do that with some simple paperwork from the original manufacture. Here is a link to that:

http://bitli.es/75kYKQ