AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Experience:  35 years home improvement
53189252

My garage door goes up and down about 1 foot back and forth

Customer Question

My garage door goes up and down about 1 foot back and forth and doesn't fully go up now. Do I need a tech? This has never happened before. Thanks!
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  NCCPrime replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to the service. Please allow me a few moments to better assist you. Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello is anyone home??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is this website a joke??

Hello and I am sorry for the delay. If your door is little bit for the reason you having this issue might be that first or some rust and lack of lubrication makes the door harder to go up or down. Wha it would try first is try to find the knob on your opener that adjusts the effort the door requires to open. Adjust that a littl bit and try. If it doesn't work then try adjusting it little bit more. After trying this and if it doesn't work then check the eyes of the door that are usually located on the floor to the left and right of the opening. Check and see if it's any dirt there such as leafs. Also check if the eyes wiring is still good. For example not to be corrode. I hope that works. If not please get back to me to try more advance trouble shooting. Also, I would appreciate your feedback by clicking accept and raring my service. Best of luck!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No idea what you just said. I lubed the wheels, cleaned the eyes and adjusted the knob, there's no corrosion...nothing works.
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 11 months ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

It appears the expert has left the conversation, so let me assist on the situation and lets see if we can pinpoint the issue.

As it stands right now, the door is closed and when the button is pressed, the door will attempt to raise only to make it a foot or so, then immediately close back.

Is that all correct?

If not, please add any other information, as the details make a difference.

If it is correct, please disconnect the door from the trolley and then try the opener to see if the trolley travels fine without the door connected.

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks