Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I am purchasing kitchen cabinets from a custom cabinetry

Customer Question

I am purchasing kitchen cabinets from a custom cabinetry shop. What is the best wood to use and thickness. Kindly let me know where in the cabinet drawers or contruction 3/4 or 1 inch should e used
what type of hinges for the drawers and pullout should be used. Kindly state name of hinge and weight capacity
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

this seems to be the problem fiberglass is lighter than wood but it may have become to heavy for a tired motor now.........this is where we are at ......you need to call your guys back and service the system............have them look for any obstructions in the tracks FIRST........but be prepared if they tell you you might need a new opener or a lighter door

I hope you found my answer helpful and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very proud of work here and the positive ratings provided by clients like you!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, and I will be glad to assist you further. Please begin your reply
with "FOR EDDIE" thank you

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

sorry I had the wrong reply e-mail.......I will be with you in a second ..........thanks for your patience

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

it would all have to first depend on what style you like .......painted........stained........laminate........then for the cabinets them selves for quality that would last I would choose a 5 ply half to 5/8 inch cabinet material......I hope this helps

eddie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Painted. What wood material. Plywoo MDF?

Wht type of hinges

SALICE

BLUM

Hettich?

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

painted would only come in MDF today.............it offers a much smoother finish..........Blum has been around forever and don't quote me but I think they come with a lifetime replacement

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

about the warranty ..........

http://www.blum.com/us/en/02/60/20/