Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

Bye
, I removed around 300 square of 9x9 flooring tiles

Customer Question

Customer: bye
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I removed around 300 square of 9x9 flooring tiles around 5 years ago and I am now convinced it was asbestos tiles. I didn't have any protection on as the house was being renovated and was unaware about asbestos tiles. Can this be dangerous to my kids as we moved in about a week later
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Improvement Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you didn't use power tools/sanding equipment that would have a abraded the tile creating tile dust in the air the risk is negligible if not non-existent. Just scraping the tile off is extremely unlikely to put any asbestos dust in the air.