Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a few questions regarding my offices security. I

Customer Question

I have a few questions regarding my offices security. I would like to install a good door lock to prevent people from going into the electrical room. I want something that won;t break the bank and is secure.
I have a few steel door which measure around 48 wide. The only lock installed is a simple dead bolt with no key. These doors are rarely opened. What are my options?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

If you could expound a little more........ a drawing would sure help me............ would you happen to have an office configuration? ..........do you have any double steel door entrances?.............I am just going on a general premise for now and advise for a quality lock which would be a Schlage deadbolt probably keyed on both sides or handicap a key-less entry but I would really need a lot more information to assist you

I am required by JA to ask to be rated if any kind of assistance is offered. If I may add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question, but, it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.
Thanks for the opportunity to help you out and feel free to come back to this question anytime after rating and your position will be saved.

eddie

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Eddie sorry dont have any drawing. Ok for the office the Schlage deadbolt looks to be ok.

Yes they are double steel doors for side and rear entrance which is rarely used. I would like to install some contraption which will make it very secure

Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

I can suggest a sliding dead bolt on both doors or you can also throw across a steel bar with brackets.....a little unsightly tho.......I have to be away from the computer for a few but I will check back in about an hour or so

thanks